The Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) has awarded the OCMDN a grant to provide for outreach and training on the topic of standards-based catalogs. FGDC has endorsed a catalog standard, and there are many products that can help institutions / agencies advertise data online in a standards-compliant way. OCMDN members have expressed interest in learning about catalogs, and the options for setting up catalogs. The FGDC funds are an opportunity to design the training that would most benefit the network members.
Under this funding, the following presentations, tutorials and training videos have been made available:
- Terminology: Catalog Services for the Web – Tanya Haddad, OCMP
- Oregon Spatial Data Library- Marc Rempel, OSU
- NOAA Geoportal Server & Catalog examples – Kim Jenkins, NOAA/NOS
- Coastal catalogs and Data Management – Kevin Kirby, EPA
- Overview of Catalog Technology – Tim Welch, Ecotrust
- Introduction to using Catalogs – Christine White, ESRI
- Introduction to Esri GeoPortal Training – Christine White, ESRI
- Introduction to pycsw Training – Jeff McKenna, Gateway Geomatics
We expect to be able to add to this list throughout 2013. Many thanks to FGDC for the Outreach and Training CAP funding that made these presentations and workshops possible.